An application to form a company is done through one or more individuals who file the request with the Companies Registrar. The following documents, verified by an attorney, must be attached to the application:
- Company name – Note that the company name may not mislead the public or be offensive to public sensibilities, and the Associations Registrar has more than once refused to register a company because of its name.
- The purpose of the company – It is accepted practice to state that the company will engage in all legal business.
- Details of the authorized share capital – it is necessary to detail the company’s capital, number of shares, type and details of allotment of shares. Details regarding the limitation of liability – whether the company is limited by shares (Ltd), or not.
- Declaration of the initial directors – the person(s) who will outline the company policies, action plans, will review the company’s financial condition, approve the financial statements and the like.
- Shareholders declaration – everyone who receives shares of the company is required to sign a statement as prescribed by law. The registration fee varies from time to time and amount ranges around NIS 2,500.