How is a marriage dissolved? Posted on November 2, 2014

The authority of the Rabbinical Court applies only to parties who are Jewish. In cases where one spouse is not Jewish, or both sides are lacking, an application to dissolve the marriage will be submitted to the Family Court.

Since the personal law applicable to the parties is religious law, the first issue which will be examined is to which religious law are the parties subject, if at all? In cases where one of the parties is Jewish, and the other without religion who were married in a civil ceremony in Israel, the application will be heard before the Family Court according to the provisions of the law. An affidavit must be attaché to the petition to dissolve the marriage, whether consensual or non-consensual. The petition is subject to payment of a fee.

Written by

Rosenberg & Co. Law Office, was founded in Israel by a lawyer in Israel Leon Rosenberg, in 1975 the city of Netanya, in 1981 opened a branch in Tel Aviv law firm and notary Rosenberg & Co. Our firm specializes in services related to the following topics: Citizenship and visas, personal status and family law, inheritance, wills and estates, Ministry of Interior, real estate, commercial law, company registration, intellectual property and copyright law and litigation. CONTACT US 24/7!