How do you change a minor’s last name? Posted on November 2, 2014

A petition to change the surname of a minor is filed in cases where the minor bears the surname of a parent and does not want to carry the name any longer. It should be emphasized that the Court gives great weight to the best interests of the child and his position on the matter. The name change petition is not submitted to the Interior Ministry, but rather to the Family Court by way of a written application with an attached affidavit and is subject to payment of a fee.

Written by

Rosenberg & Co. Law Office, was founded in Israel by a lawyer in Israel Leon Rosenberg, in 1975 the city of Netanya, in 1981 opened a branch in Tel Aviv law firm and notary Rosenberg & Co. Our firm specializes in services related to the following topics: Citizenship and visas, personal status and family law, inheritance, wills and estates, Ministry of Interior, real estate, commercial law, company registration, intellectual property and copyright law and litigation. CONTACT US 24/7!