How do you get custody of a child? Posted on November 2, 2014

It is customary to file for custody of a child concurrent with an application for divorce.

The custody petition, like a petition for child support and visitation rights, is determined according to the child’s best interests and will ultimately decide who will be the custodial parent who will have to be satisfied with visitation. Joint custody of a minor can occur in rare instances. Most custody claims in Israel result in the custody being awarded to the mother, albeit in special cases in which custody is awarded to the father.

In cases where there is an urgent need to assign custody it is customary to apply for temporary custody concurrent with the permanent custody petition.

Written by

Rosenberg & Co. Law Office, was founded in Israel by a lawyer in Israel Leon Rosenberg, in 1975 the city of Netanya, in 1981 opened a branch in Tel Aviv law firm and notary Rosenberg & Co. Our firm specializes in services related to the following topics: Citizenship and visas, personal status and family law, inheritance, wills and estates, Ministry of Interior, real estate, commercial law, company registration, intellectual property and copyright law and litigation. CONTACT US 24/7!