Can the unmarried partner or common-law spouse of an Israeli citizen receive Israeli citizenship? Posted on June 24, 2013

Common-law spouses of Israeli citizens can apply for legal status in Israel by virtue of the Interior Ministry’s procedure for common-law spouses. Requests such as these are submitted mostly by people for whom there is a legal or religious impediment to marriage, such as same-sex couples, spouses of different religions and so on. It should be emphasized that permanent residence status which is obtained under the present procedure lasts for seven years, during which the Office issues the foreign spouse a yearly type B/1 visa which is good for one year. Every year the Interior Ministry will reconsider the continued processing of the application, and whether to grant an additional temporary license to the applicant

Written by

Rosenberg & Co. Law Office, was founded in Israel by a lawyer in Israel Leon Rosenberg, in 1975 the city of Netanya, in 1981 opened a branch in Tel Aviv law firm and notary Rosenberg & Co. Our firm specializes in services related to the following topics: Citizenship and visas, personal status and family law, inheritance, wills and estates, Ministry of Interior, real estate, commercial law, company registration, intellectual property and copyright law and litigation. CONTACT US 24/7!